911: Charles the Simple abandons to Rollon the territory which will become the Duchy of Normandy. The Landin is then part of the ducal domain.
1015: Hauville, the forest of Bretonne and Landin are given to Gilbert Crespin.
1050: Crespin gives his lands to the abbey of Jumièges.
1119: The Abbot of Jumièges yields to Hubert de Lisieux for a period of thirty years the fief of Hauville. On a coast Landin is built a mansion where the abbots of Jumièges like to retire.
Late XII., Jean de Mortain, better known as Jean Sans Terre, Duke of Normandy, became King of England. He comes to live several times the manor built on a feudal mound, for which he spends considerable sums to fortify it. The feudal mound of Château du Landin is one of the best preserved in the region.
1205: The mansion becomes property of the King of France Philippe Auguste after the conquest of Normandy.
At the end of XV, the ports of Foulerie and Gouffré allow the shipment of products from the Roumois plateau to Rouen. The road of Foulerie dates from this time. The period under English occupation was black, the peasants leaving Landin land to hide from the enemy.
1450: While Agnes Sorel dies at Mesnil under Jumieges, Charles VII, come hunted Landin, lost in the mist and then finds himself thanks to the sound of the bell presbytery.
1459: Dunois hunt the English from Roumois.
1541: The stronghold of Landin is held by Jean Garin, squire received in parliament in 1542, and benefactor of the hospital of Rouen.
1685: The little girl of Garin gets married to François Harden of Mare-Boc who squanders his fortune and must yield his lands to Pierre Cousin, receiver general. The latter will exchange his lands with the abbey of Jumieges, against the lordship of Conteville, near Pont-Audemer. Then the abbey sells the Landin to the Duchess of Chaulnes d'Ailly.
XVIII., The Duchess yields the Landin to Nicolas Thirel de Boschanel, Abbot of Boismont, ordinary preacher of the king and member of the French Academy. He is the author of "Pénégyrique de Saint-Louis", "Oères funèbres" and "Discours" preached in the Church of Charity, which raised enough money to build an ecclesiastical and military hospital La Rochefoucault had conceived the idea. The hospital was built in Montrouge.
1757: The Abbot of Boismont obtains the abbey of Grestain, and builds a superb castle near the site of the old manor house.
1779: Many paths are traced, alleys of lime trees planted, as well as cedars of Lebanon and the Himalayas, and beeches of the Crow's foot.
1786: Death of the Abbot of Boismont. The lordship of Landin now belongs to Mr Louis the Halleur, trader cloth in Rouen, and is under the jurisdiction of the barony and high justice Mauny held by the prints, a very old family. The end of the 18th century is a period of serious economic crisis that gives birth to the Revolution.
28 Messidor, Year XI (16 August 1803), Louis the Halleur dies (a bull kills him in the courtyard of the castle farm).
I ° Vendémiaire, Year XII: The property of the Landin is acquired by Hyppolite Jean-Jacques René of Sainte Marie d'Aigneaux, who will be named sub-prefect of Pont-Audemer under the Restoration. October 21, 1836: The seigniory is sold to Mrs. Adelaide Louise Charlotte de Bourbon, wife of the Marquis de Chaumont-Quitry.
1852: Death of the Marquis de Chaumont de Quitry, husband of Louise de Bourbon.
1860: Joseph de Chaumont-Quitry, son of the marquis, is named Chambellan of Napoleon III.
1862: Construction of two large wings of the castle and the church, consecrated by Bishop Duvaucaux Bishop of Evreux.
1866: Death of Joseph de Chaumont Quitry.
1867: The marchioness then sells the castle to Mr André Claude Alphonse, Baron de Guénifey. Guénifey will be mayors of the Landin from father to son until 1903: Death of André Jacques de Guénifey, husband of Marie-Roseline d'Ivry, little girl by his mother of Marshal Mouton, count of Lobau (Nobility of Empire).
1904: Charles de Guénifey is elected Mayor of Landin.
1920: Death of Charles de Guénifey, animal painter, pupil of Busson.
1936: Death of the Baroness Guénifey. The castle passes to his daughter Elisabeth, wife of Du Moustier. When the latter died, the castle passed to his daughter Yvonne, wife of Viscount Daru, descendant of the steward of Napoleon I.
1966: When Mr Daru dies, the castle is sold to Mr Ramis, then to Girard-Claudon, then to Mrs Heitschel.
1996: Mr. and Mrs. Coral renovate the castle, rehabilitate the park and the stables and the three houses. Following a fire, the dome and campanile will be redone and now look more beautiful than ever. The beech has recently been replanted, and gives all its charm to the castle path.